Sunday, July 31, 2011

Look These Snazzy New Business Cards

Who wants to do a dance of joy with me?!







I have new business cards that I printed out! They feature my Panda QR code. All the cards I printed out I tested individually! Yes, that took a while, and printing them out wasn't that much of a hoot either, but I think it's worth the results!

I tested them with Redlaser, i-nigma, NeoReader and Optiscan on my iphone. RedLaser is so sensitive, to the point I was ready to rip my hair out when I was designing the codes. It's a very popular app so. I really wanted it to scan well. I'm really happy with the design, when the business card is in your hand, it scans it very nicely with Redlaser. Photos of QR codes on computer monitors seem to be tricky to scan with Redlaser. So I worked hard to make sure I was getting a scan of the photos of the business cards. I'm happy to report that all the other apps picked up the code very quickly regardless if it was a in my hand or a photo of the business card on the monitor.

I have been making them for some friends and people that I've known through business. It's a very fun challenge to work with the computer programs. It also makes me love my iphone even more :-) So if anyone wants a custom one, please send me an email (erica@ericavojnich.com)

I would like to give a thanks to Geek Craft for posting my QR codes! I love their blog! I added them to the collum on the right that I visit quiet often. Thanks for the support guys!

3 comments:

Miss Kodee said...

Your cards look amazing! I will send my daughter here for a look - she will be very interested in your research and links!

Lauren said...

I love your QR codes!! I am in the process of creating designer QR codes myself and hope to contact businesses in my area about getting them - far too few places in the Toronto area use QR codes. You know my mom (Debbie) which is how I first saw your codes... I am actually writing a blog about creating designer QR codes (well, planning on it soon) and saved a bunch of corporate examples (Coca Cola, Louis Vuitton, etc) and was hoping you wouldn't mind if I included your code as an example when I get around to writing it :) I'll of course link it back to your blog!

Cheers

Lauren

Erica Vojnich said...

Hey Debbie and Lauren! I'm glad you guys like them! Of course I wouldn't mind you adding my QR codes! I would love to be included on such a great list!